Thursday, May 01, 2008

emm + m. (mayday)
Here's a photo my lovely friend emm gryner took of me (you can see her in the background; look at me doing my University of Alberta promo + everything!) in her dressing room after opening for Josh Ritter at U of Alberta's Myer Horowitz Theatre way back on February 28th [you can find the photo on her website here]. Did you see how close the 2008 Poet Laureate of the Blogosphere stuff was? Amazing, really. Even though I didn't win, I was honoured to be nominated, and deeply touched and humbled by all the efforts of others to get my numbers up; thanks to everyone who voted! I guess this means I should start reading Tony Brown's blog... Otherwise, today begins the final month of my Alberta stay (mostly). Today also marks Winnipeg poet Ariel Gordon's fourth annual May Day Poems project, including my first post on same. It will be happening all month...

No comments: